About this recipe, Julia said: I love combining it with a green smoothie and a cup of herbal tea. You could even add a few tablespoons of oats if you are really hungry. It definitely tastes like dessert.
Berry Breakfast Parfait with Vegan Vanilla Cashew Yoghurt
SERVES: 2 people
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula
Vegan Vanilla Cashew Yoghurt (makes about 1 cup)
1 cup cashews, ground into flour
½ cup water (or more if you prefer a thinner texture)
2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons liquid sweetener (date paste, maple syrup, coconut nectar…)
¼ teaspoon vanilla powder (or more to taste)
2 large pinches Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Berry Breakfast Parfait
2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
Hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds, to taste (or other seeds/nuts of your choice)
Lime or lemon zest, to taste
- Combine cashews, water, lemon juice, sweetener, vanilla powder and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fill your bowl with berries of your choice. You can easily replace these with other types of fruit too, such as apple, pear, peach, mango or banana.
- Add vegan vanilla cashew yoghurt and finish with toppings of your choice. I love adding dried coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and lime zest. You could use your favorite granola as well! My favorites with this breakfast parfait are the ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola and the Power Breakfast Muesli Granola.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This vegan vanilla cashew yoghurt will stay fresh for at least 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you want a stronger yoghurt flavor, add probiotic powder after blending the cashew yoghurt. Stir it in well and leave it to ferment at room temperature for 24 hours or longer covered with a clean dish towel.
- Don’t have a powerful blender at home? Soak your cashews overnight, discard the soaking water and rinse the cashews well. Start by adding only a few tablespoons of water in the blender instead of ½ cup. Add more water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
Credits : https://www.julieslifestyle.com/